You have two choices when it comes to hiding the Search function:
- Search can be hidden completely from logged out users, the button will not appear until logged in
- Logged out users can only see certain Groups, such as sponsors or partners.
To hide Search completely from logged out users:
- Navigate to the Setup tab and click 'Display settings' on the right.
- To the right of 'Search page link', click the switch so that it says 'Display only on login'. This may already set like this by default and therefore does not need to be changed. You may also not be able to change this setting if there are no attendees on your system.
To test if this setting worked, click 'Website' at the top of the page, log out (if needed) and see if the 'Search' button is visible in the top menu bar.
To hide a Group from logged out users:
- Navigate to the Setup tab and click 'Groups' on the right.
- Click 'Edit' to the right of an existing Group (any Group, as this step will be repeated).
- Scroll down and uncheck 'Public can view'. You may still want to leave this checked for sponsors, partners or other attendees.
- Scroll down and click 'Save'.
- Click 'Groups' on the right and repeat steps 2-4 until you are happy with each Group's settings.
To check the setting worked, click 'Website' at the top of the page, log out (if logged in) and click 'Search'. Your hidden Groups should no longer appear. If the Search button doesn't appear while logged out, refer to the 'To hide Search from logged out users' steps above, turning the switch to 'Always'.
For more information on Groups, click here.