Either you or one of your attendees may be unable to find an organization or attendee you were expecting to see in the Search list. Here's how to fix this:
Start by logging into your admin area and going to the Attendees page. Then, follow ALL the steps in number order:
Step 1: Where is the issue?
In the Filter area at the top of the Attendees page, enter the Attendee’s last name in the Name box, or the Organization name in the Organisation box, and click Filter.
Can you see the Attendee on the page?
Yes - the attendee is shown:
Go straight to Step 2
No - no results, or only an attendee with the same last name are shown:
Add the attendee or organization + attendee (click here for guide)
When you are done, go to Step 2
Step 2: Identify the issue
Is there a green ‘tick’ icon on the entry, under 'Approved'?
- Yes – go straight to Step 3
No – Click the 'View' button underneath the organization name. Click 'Unapproved (Change) in the right hand menu block.
Click the Approve button.
Return to the Attendees page
When you are done, go to Step 3
Step 3: Attendee's status
The Attendee may belong to a Group that is hidden from other Group(s).
1. Identify the Attendee's Group name: this is displayed underneath the name of their organization, at the right.
Think! Did you specify that this Group should not be viewable to anyone on the system?
2. Check the Group status: Go to the Setup tab and click Groups at the right of the page.
3. Find the group name you identified and click its Edit link
Is the ‘Can book meetings’ box unchecked?
- Yes: proceed to Step 4.
No: check it, then click Save
IMPORTANT: if your system has been set up so that this Group is not to take part in meetings, do not check the box
When you are done, go to Step 4
Step 4: Viewers' status
IMPORTANT NOTE: By this time you, as the administrator, will be able to see the Attendee on the admin Attendees pages, and if you log into the user interface. However, other users may not have permission to view the Attendee.
The person who raised the issue may belong to such a group.
Find out which Group this person belongs to:
1. Go back to the Attendees page. Identify the Group name, under the name of the Attendee's organisation (as Step 3, above).
3. Go to the Setup tab and click Groups at the right of the page.
4. Find the group name you identified, click its Edit link and follow the directions below:
- Scroll down:
- If this Group is permitted to book meetings with members of the first attendee’s Group, it will be checked in the ‘Can book with’ section.
- If it is not, and you are sure these individuals should be able to book meetings with each other, check the box, then Save.
- If you are sure these individuals should not be able to book meetings with each other, let them know.
NOTE: Sometimes, an attendee can only view other groups. If you know they are not permitted to book meetings with other groups, but can view them, make sure the ‘Can only view’ box is checked, and the ‘Can book meetings with’ box unchecked.