Before following these steps, open the Admin Dashboard for your event.
Step 1: Where is the Issue?
On the Dashboard tab, type the attendee's name into the Quick Search bar.
Can you see the Attendee in the list?
Yes - Continue to Step 2
No - No results? Visit this article to add the attendee to your system. When you are done, continue to Step 2.
Step 2: Identify the Issue
Navigate to the Attendees tab. Is there a green ‘tick’ icon on the entry, under 'Approved'?
Yes - Go to Step 3
- Go to the Organisations tab and click on the name of the company this attendee is part of.
- Click 'Unapproved (Change)' in the right hand menu block.
- Click the Approve button and return to the Attendees tab.
- When you are done, go to Step 3.
Step 3: Attendee's status
The Attendee may belong to a Group that is hidden from other Group(s).
- Identify the Attendee's Group name - this is displayed underneath the name of their company in the Organisation column. Note the Group name.
- Navigate to the Setup tab and choose Groups in the upper right menu.
- Find the Group and click 'Edit' to the right of the name.
- Find the 'Can book meetings' checkbox. You may need to scroll down to see this.
Is the ‘Can book meetings’ box checked?
Yes: Scroll down to the 'Can book with' section. Ensure all other applicable Groups have been ticked.
No: If you have double checked the group is meant to be able to book meetings, check it. Additionally, scroll down to the 'Can book with' section and ensure all other applicable Groups have been ticked. Click Save.
Step 4: Viewers' status
At this point, you might be able to see the affected attendee(s) completely fine on your Admin Dashboard and on your website's Search page. However, other delegates might report that they are still unable to see the attendee(s). Double check that the affected attendees are meant to be visible (sometimes sponsors would rather stay hidden online), then folow these steps:
- Go back to the Edit page for the affected attendee's Group.
- Scroll down to the 'Public can view' checkbox. Tick the box if unchecked.
- Scroll down to the '...or can only view' section. Untick all applicable boxes if checked. Additionally, make sure the corresponding boxes in the 'Can book with' section are ticked. For example, a Group ticked in the 'Can book with' section should be unchecked in the '...or can only view' section otherwise you might find your system not knowing how to respond to this conflicting information.
- Click Save.
On this page, you can also untick 'Can book meetings' so this attendee cannot receive meeting requests. This option is helpful for sponsors attending your event that would rather not receive any requests to book meetings.