Follow these instructions carefully to ensure error-free upload that instantly creates multiple delegate accounts. If you encounter any problems, please see the Troubleshooting section at the end of this article.
1. Transfer your delegate data to the Meeting Mojo Import Template:
- Click here to download the Meeting Mojo Import Template spreadsheet
- Add extra data column headings to the Template if required (see Custom Fields, below). You can rearrange the columns to match your data source but do not change the spelling of the headings
- Paste in your data, from your registration download or other spreadsheet source, following the 5 rules below:
- Essential data: you must add at least the organization name, first name, last name, and email address for each delegate (exception - see 7., below). If you are using Groups, add ‘group’ as an extra column heading and paste in the exact spelling of the group name for each entry. If you want a company or individual to have their meetings at their own exhibit booth, private room, etc., add a Custom Meeting Point column
- Each email address must be different (unique to each delegate). The system uses this to communicate with each delegate, and it is their username for login.
- If there is more than one delegate for an organization or company, make sure the organization name is identical in each entry, otherwise the system will create 2 organization entries and colleagues will not be able to coordinate their meetings.
- If an attendee has no company or organization affiliation, such as a student or freelancer (SOLO attendees), leave their organisationname field blank.
- If possible, only add new attendees who are not already on the system.
- Save the file onto your computer or server. If you are updating an existing file, select ‘Save As’ and give it a new name.
- ONE ROW PER DELEGATE
- EACH DELEGATE MUST HAVE A DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS
- ORGANIZATION NAMES ENTERED MORE THAN ONCE, MUST HAVE IDENTICAL SPELLING
- IF YOU WISH TO SET A SINGLE PASSWORD FOR ALL DELEGATES, ADD IT TO A NEW COLUMN WITH THE
HEADING ‘PASSWORD’. IT MUST BE ALSO ADDED TO THE TEXT OF THE WELCOME EMAIL
- SEE ADVANCED (below) FOR DELEGATE GROUPING, CUSTOM SEARCH AND DEDICATED MEETING PLACES
2. Import your data
- On the Dashboard, click the ‘Upload’ button in the Setup section.
- Click the Browse button, and select your new import file from your computer or server.
- Click Upload.
- The Pending Import page will open, displaying a report on your data and a number of import options. If an error message appears on screen, correct the error(s) described and try again.
- The Pending Import display reports how many new attendees are in the import list, and any custom fields. If there are new custom fields, you’ll need to configure these after import. Choose your import options:
- check the box if you want the system to automatically Approve new organizations (this will send the Welcome + Password emails to new attendees)
- click one of the blue buttons to start the import process. If you click ‘Import all’, the system will overwrite details of attendees already on the system.
- or, click ‘Abandon’ if you wish to stop the import.
SPECIAL NOTE: if you do not check the 'Approve Attendees' box, you can Approve them via the Organisations tab, see below.
EACH IMPORT WILL TAKE AT LEAST A MINUTE TO COMPLETE (IMPORT RATE IS 50 ENTRIES PER MINUTE). YOU CAN LEAVE THE IMPORT PAGE WHILE AN IMPORT IS IN PROGRESS.
A PENDING IMPORT HAS NOT UPLOADED ANY DATA, AND NEEDS TO BE ACTIONED BY CLICKING ONE OF THE BLUE BUTTONS ON THE IMPORT VIEW PAGE.
THE SYSTEM WILL NOT IMPORT ANY ENTRY THAT IS MISSING ESSENTIAL DATA (SEE IMPORT RULES, ABOVE), OR CONTAINS THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS AS ANOTHER ENTRY.
IF THE ‘APPROVE ATTENDEES’ BOX IS CHECKED, ALL NEW ORGANIZATIONS WILL BE APPROVED AND ALL NEW THEIR ATTENDEES WILL RECEIVE THE WELCOME EMAIL AND A UNIQUE PASSWORD.
IF YOU DID NOT CHECK THE ‘APPROVE ATTENDEES’ BOX, GO TO STEP 6, below.
6. To Approve attendees via the Organisations tab, open it and:
i. Select 'No' in the Approved section of the filter, then click Filter
ii. In the Page Size widget at the right, select 50 (the page will refresh)
iii. Check the box at the top of the company list, at the left
iv. Scroll to the end of the list, select 'Approve' in the Actions dropdown, then click 'go'
A notification will display when your selection has been approved. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until no more organizations are displayed, then re-set the Filter.
Adding extra data
Delegate- and Organization-specific Data Fields
Extra data may be added simply by adding an extra column to your Import Template and naming it with the one of the Field Names below:
|Field name||Description||Field name||Description|
|title||prefix, honorific||address1,2,3||address fields|
|phone||direct dial number||town||town or city|
|mobile||cellphone||state_county||State, County or Province|
|fax||facsimile||postcode||postal code, zip|
|jobtitle||position in organization||country|
|alternateemail||assistant’s email address||companyphone||general telephone number|
|attendeemeetingpoint||see below||website||use www. or http://|
|profile||brief plaintext profile, no paragraphing or listing|
Note that these fields are always non-mandatory for data import.
Custom Meeting Points
Meeting Mojo allows you to specify a meeting place for an organization, or an individual attendee.
Download the Meeting Mojo Import Template
When adding data to the template (see above), include the name of the Custom Meeting Point either under the heading “organisationmeetingpoint” or “attendeemeetingpoint”
For more information on this topic, please refer to our HowTo Guide, ‘Custom Meeting Places’.
If you have created Groups you can use the Import function to place each organization into the correct Group.
Add a column to your Import Template, with the heading “group”
Add the appropriate Group name for each delegate.
IMPORTANT: If you do not specify a Group name on a delegate entry, it will be imported into the ‘default’ group.
For more information on this topic, please refer to our HowTo Guide, ‘Creating and Organizing Groups’.
Custom fields (e.g., search criteria)
If you have added a Custom Field, you can import data into it along with delegate data.
Add a column to your Import Template, giving it exactly the same name as your Custom Field
Add the appropriate category for each delegate.
IMPORTANT: If a Custom Field is not already in the system, it will be imported as a new ‘text’ field and MUST be configured. Any options not already included in a Custom Field on the system, will be added. In this regard, spellings of the Custom Field name and any selectable options must be exactly the same in the Import spreadsheet and the system.
For more information on this topic, please refer to our HowTo Guide, ‘Search Categories: Custom Fields’.
Problem: Data import errors
Meeting Mojo is set up to alert you to most import errors at the time you upload your data. Most commonly an alert is triggered when an essential piece of data is missing. Please make sure you enter at least email, firstname, lastname for each delegate in your import spreadsheet.
SPECIAL NOTE: if you leave organisationname blank, the entry will import as a Solo Attendee with no company or other affiliation. Check the Dashboard after import – if there are more Solo Attendees than you expected, check your import file and try again.
Problem: Missing columns reported.
If the error message refers to one or more rows, there is data missing from required fields. Check that all email, firstname and lastname cells are filled, save the file and try again.
If entire columns are missing, check the spelling of your column headers. Copy/paste these from the upload page. If all 4 ‘required’ columns are missing, you may be trying to upload an incorrect filetype. Resave as .xls or .xlsx.
Problem: Duplicate email address.
Solution: If you input the same email address for more than one delegate, only one of the entries will be imported. Ensure that all email addresses in your imports are unique. You can check this on Excel file by using the ‘Highlight Cells Rules’ option under ‘Conditional Formatting’ on the home tab.
Problem: 'Unapproved' attendees are indicated on the Dashboard
1. Open the Organisations tab
2. Select 'No' in the Approved section of the filter, then click Filter
3. In the Page Size widget at the right, select 50 (the page will refresh)
4. Check the box at the top of the company list, at the left
5. Scroll to the end of the list, select 'Approve' in the Actions dropdown, then click 'go'
A notification will display when your selection has been approved.
Repeat steps 3 and 4 until no more organizations are displayed, then re-set the Filter.
Problem: A delegate’s Welcome email was not sent:
Check the Dashboard for a Welcome message Notification: if there is one, click ‘more’ witihin the Notification
The Attendees tab will open. Check the box next to the names of those attendees that have no ‘handshake’ icon next to their Approved tick.
At the bottom of the page, select ‘Welcome’ in the actions list, then click ‘go’. The Welcome email will be sent to the attendees selected.
Problem: There is more than one entry for the same company.
This usually happens when a slightly different spelling is used for the company name by two or more of its delegates on registration. For example: NewCo and NewCo, Inc.
Click the Organizations tab and search for the company name using the Filter.
Choose the company name that you consider to be incorrect and click on its name to open the Organization View page.
Click Edit next to the Attendee name to open his/her Edit page
Now select the ‘correct’ company name on the Organization dropdown
Click Save and return to the Organizations tab
Repeat the process for each attendee in the ‘incorrect’ company. When it shows 0 Attendees, click Delete.
CAUTION: If you delete a company that has attendees, the system will delete those attendees and any meetings they may have. Please ensure that the attendee number shows 0 before deleting.